This is a quick and easy Crescent Roll Sandwich Ring that is perfect for busy weeknights or when you have a crew of friends over to help you with spring clean up.
Our local newspaper recently called asking to interview us about our homestead and apiary. While this is very exciting, its also a bit daunting – the recent snowmelt has revealed everything left undone from last autumn.
This past year has been filled with abundant blessings, which we try to focus on; however, it has also been filled with many challenges, especially when it comes to health.
These challenges–Hospital stays, back issues, a breast cancer diagnosis and double mastectomy, and confirmation of rheumatoid arthritis–have put us behind on many projects we had hope to accomplish. I experience daily pain, mobility issues, and even some depression and that certainly doesn’t help.
Though this all, Mr. Misty has been struggling with his own health-related issues, which may require yet another surgery, and is story for another day.
Anyway, friends and family will often comment they find it hard to believe I’m in so much pain based on what I share on Social Media. The funny thing about Social Media–much of what you see has been carefully curated to show the “best” and in no way gives you the, ahem, “whole” picture.
What does the “whole” picture look like behind those fun deserts and delicious meals I share?
Well, if you could see behind the camera, you would see me sitting at the kitchen counter, in a dinning chair that’s far to low, making meals. You would see me asking Mr. Misty to get me things from high shelves and to put things in the oven. You would see me loading the dishwasher from that same dinning chair. You would see me taking almost twice as long to complete a task as it does you. You would see me experiencing so much pain, when I go to bed I’m near tears and I wake up to that same pain along with stiff, swollen, and painful hands and joints.
You would see ME in my truest form and not at my best. You’d see the ME I’d rather you NOT see.
But, damn! Those pictures are on point! Ha!
Life is challenging and we find ways to adapt. So, when I find an easy, delicious meal, I’m all over it! This Crescent Roll Sandwich Ring is super easy and sure to please.
I filled this one with turkey, ham, 2 cheeses, and grilled onions and peppers, however, you can fill them will anything you’d like: philly cheese steak, cheeseburger filling, taco filing, pizza toppins – the list is only as short as your imagination.
Crescent Roll Sandwich Ring
- 2 Cans Refrigerator Crescent Rolls
- 1 Onion, Sautéed
- 1 Pepper, Sautéed
- 12 Slices Turkey
- 12 Slices Ham
- 12 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 Slices American Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375º.
- Sauté the onions and peppers with a little salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Line a round baking sheet with parchment or with foil that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Unroll the crescent rolls. Separate the dough into 16 triangles, placing them on to a baking sheet in a circular pattern allowing the edges to overlap.
- Layer meats, top with sautéed onions and peppers and finish with a topping of cheese.
- Fold each crescent triangle over the filling and tuck the dough under the bottom dough edge to secure it. Some of the filling will be showing. That’s fine. Sprits the top with waster and lightly sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds. We really like using Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake at 375º for 18-20 or until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
I wish I had some awesome pictures of the before and after clean up or of our amazing friends who came to help us, but I was busy in the kitchen and Mr. Misty was busy with clean up. Just take my word for it – they did an amazing job!
Never in a million years did I think, when we moved here 3-years ago, we had found such an amazing community – friends who have become family.
So, as challenging as things are, the blessings abound.
This post may contain affiliate links. Misty Meadows Homestead & Apiary is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. These funds go to support Ms. Misty’s ongoing recovery from Breast Cancer. We only suggest the brands we use and truly love. We hope you will too.
Content and Photos by Misty Meadows Homestead © All Rights Reserved